All applications for donations and sponsorship must:
- Support local community-based, not-for-profit, volunteer, public service, or charitable organizations.
- Demonstrate how the funds will help us build a more vibrant and empowered community by furthering one or more of Interior Savings' four community impact objectives:
- Empowering parents with young children
- Helping people maintain mental wellness
- Helping people maintain social connection with age
- Supporting a strong, cooperative local economy
- Support the communities served by Interior Savings which includes Osoyoos, Oliver, Okanagan Falls, West Kelowna, Kelowna, Lake Country, Vernon, Chase, Kamloops, Barriere, Clearwater, Ashcroft, Lillooet, and Merritt.
- Be submitted at least eight (8) weeks in advance of the event or project.
All applications must clearly demonstrate how the project or event will:
- Work toward the betterment of our community.
- Benefit the greatest number of people for the longest period of time.
- Provide our employees the opportunity to participate and contribute as volunteers.
- Measure results.
- Provide positive economic spin-off for the credit union or the local economy (for example, an event that draws a significant amount of tourists to the community).
We are unable to support programs that:
Take place outside of our market area.
Do not provide a request through our website.
Are controversial, or have a specific political or religious affiliation.
Are retroactive in nature.
Benefit "elite" sports teams like 'all-star', 'rep', 'select', or 'traveling' teams.
Support travel costs or operating costs to sustain a facility/program that is otherwise not self-sustainable.
Only benefit one individual.
Represent a conflict of interest for Interior Savings, i.e. specific programs which are considered to be controversial, or where Interior Savings considers the issue to be one about which our members may have significantly divergent views.