Since 2007, Interior Savings Community Investment Fund has provided over $1.8 million in seed money to help launch or substantially expand 154 programs that are empowering people in our communities to reach their potential. Eligible projects are sustainable, have a far-reaching, positive impact on the community and demonstrate alignment with one or more of Interior Saving’s impact objectives.
The grants come at a time when many community organizations are seeing increased demand for their services while shifting operations to manage the impacts of the pandemic.
“We’re inspired by the tenacity and fortitude that non-profit organizations have shown in the face of very difficult circumstances”, says Interior Savings CEO, Kathy Conway. “The projects funded are a testament of their resilience and commitment to the betterment of our communities.”
Some of the projects funded include: adaptive exercise equipment to reduce barriers to health, tools to turn old box springs into new treasures and to help get people back in the workforce, specialized toys and training to support early childhood education, fridges and freezers to boost food security as well as furnishings and technology to create virtual and in person spaces for people to connect and find support.
Grant Recipients in the Thompson Nicola Include:
- Ashcroft HUB Society - FUNctional Fitness Program
- ASK Wellness - Mattress Recycling Program
- Lillooet Learning Communities Society - Community Connect Innovation HUB
- Pregnancy Care Centre Society of Kamloops - Postnatal Education Plan
Grant Recipients in the Okanagan Include:
- The Bridge Youth & Family Services - Recovery House
- CMHA Vernon & District - Recovery College
- Central Okanagan Elizabeth Fry Society - Client Collaboration Space
- Childhood Connections - Community-Based Child Play Program
- Community Recreational Initiatives Society - Adaptive Rentals Social Enterprise
- Desert Valley Hospice Society - Making Memories and Music
- Elevation Outdoors - Kelowna Bike Rentals Social Enterprise
- Freedom’s Door - Next Steps Program
- KCR Community Resources - Food Security Outreach Program.
For more information on the projects funded, Click Here.
Learn more about Interior Savings Community Investment Fund.
About Interior Savings
Interior Savings is a member-owned, democratically controlled credit union dedicated to creating local money while helping to build vibrant communities. Through its 21 branches, 16 insurance offices, Member Service Centre, and two Commercial Service Centres, the Credit Union offers personal and commercial banking and a full range of insurance and wealth management services to more than 70,000 members across 14 communities. In the last 16 years, Interior Savings has returned $60 million to members through its Member Rewards Program and invested over $8 million in support of community programs. Learn more on our website, or visit Interior Savings on Facebook or Do Some Good.
For more information, please contact:
Manager, Community Engagement